A Timely Suggestion for PvP and [/home ]
NavyEnd2648 13 July 2024 13:51 118
Oyuncu - NavyEnd2648 Tribute
2 month(s) ago

The Problem

Greetings, all PvP enthusiasts. And Badmin. I'm writing today about something that every single person that I can find can agree upon: that runners are annoying. In [/warp pvp] countless people have been running and combat logging, and while the system takes care of combat logging, one thing that Arch had earlier in this season. Waiting for /home.

“Why would we want this?”

While a lot of you might be horrible at PvP combat and think this is your only way to survive an encounter, you deserve to die. It is unfair to attacking players when someone warps away before anything can be done about it ( admittedly some people are too stupid to use bows but oh well :P ). This takes away from the experience and is something many major PvP engagers such as Kyonami, AES_85, and maim-something (i forgot his name) are upset about what is essentially cheating, and last time I checked ArchMC wasn't a place that condoned cheating, no?

“What's the solution?”

Well, there are two ways you can solve this. You can add a timer for [/home \] that is somewhere around 1-3 seconds long. Not something long enough to be annoying but something that is short enough to where people can still escape combat. If people are annoying by the waiting time of 1-3 seconds, then consider adding an armor stand that when hit, teleports the player back. This armor stand would disappear in 1-3 seconds and would serve as the player.

It's been a pleasure writing for all of you. Stay safe out there, especially those in Houston and the east coast.

Oyuncu - Kyonami Heroic Epic
2 month(s) ago

Adding a timed tp for /spawn /home and /warp to avoid people from combat logging/running. Also increasing the combat timer from 10 seconds to 15 seconds. Another thing is when people step out of warp pvp safe zone they must be outside of it for atleast 5 seconds before going back in.

Oyuncu - oklahomaaaa Majestic
2 month(s) ago

Nice one peeps I agree

Oyuncu - Noah_boy Majestic Mythic Heroic
2 month(s) ago

thats a good idea fr I hate runners

You need to be signed in to reply.